About Venture Out (VO)
Venture Out was born out of a need to help aspiring entrepreneurs with strong domain expertise from large tech companies launch startups. We are dedicated to helping aspiring entrepreneurs develop good ideas faster and connect them with our strong network of mentors, investors and resources to turn their domain expertise and startup ideas into reality.
Quitting a job to build a startup can be daunting, and the opportunity cost can be high when it means moving on from a comfortable position at a large company. Our goal is to foster a startup community designed specifically to help those entrepreneurs daring enough to branch out into the unknown to build companies solving interesting problems.
VO is a startup in itself, backed by some of the best venture investors in Seattle. You will wear many hats and get a front row seat to building a company from the ground up. If you are someone who can learn fast and GSD (Get Stuff Done), we’d love to talk.
About This Role
We are looking for a tech-savvy Community Manager to join our team to power engagement and accelerate the growth of our startup community. If you are passionate about the startup ecosystem and have an appetite for building communities, we would love to meet you! Your role as Community Manager, will be to create, facilitate and promote events, manage PR campaigns, social media and oversee the day-to-day operations of our online community. Ultimately, you will be the face and voice of our brand and own the growth of our online startup community.
A Community Manager feels their work has much broader meaning. When you feel your work has meaning, it gives you a turbo boost of confidence to step up and have impact. This role will provide you with the ability to have a massive impact to your community, startup founders, and those around you.
Your goal is to generate social capital, as this is a key currency in our community. The person in this role will become a leader in our community and you will accomplish this by repeatedly doing great work, developing enormous amounts of respect, and as such are trusted by the community to make great decisions.
What You’ll Do
– Manage, grow, and scale the Venture Out Founder Network.
– Make it easy for people to contribute and produce value in the community.
– Make members feel welcome and intrinsic to the community while building a sense of belonging. Ensure their onboarding experience is effortless.
– Design awareness, engagement, and retention campaigns that help Venture Out reach and delight our target customer.
– Regularly track and report community feedback and insights to ensure Venture Out is adapting relentlessly to their customer.
– Provide support and assistance in planning, developing, producing, and delivering marketing and communications materials.
– Contribute to the event sourcing, planning, and execution process.
– Learn about the needs of technologists, mentors, and investors in the community. Identify new opportunities to engage members in the community, staying up to date on the latest technology trends and resources for startups.
What Does Success Look Like?
– You have grown and scaled the Venture Out Founder Network (VOFN).
– You have built strong relationships with founders in the network and actively seek to forge new relationships.
– VO becomes the “go-to” community for any Seattle founder that is trying to leave their big tech day job.
– You have made it easy for people to contribute and produce value in the community, by creating intrinsic and extrinsic incentives.
– You have maintained, upheld, and amplified the Venture Out social promise and community guidelines.
Who You Are
– You are evangelical about building communities and constantly seek to create value.
– You know how to ask good questions and you love answering questions.
– You are passionate about technology and supporting the technologists behind them.
– You are a people person and get energized from working with others.
– You have a growth mindset and are willing to fail forward.
– You enjoy working in small, dynamic teams.
– You are able to develop timelines, manage projects, meet deadlines, and deliver results.
– You are eager to jump right in.
– You sweat the details and always strive to do great work.
– You are highly organized and adept on communicating structure, process and methodologies.
– You have an editorial mindset and are an exceptional, concise writer.
Who You’ll Work With
Sean Sternbach – Co-founder of Venture Out.
Read more about us here.
Lisa Jensen – Program Manager of Venture Out.
The 400+ founders and builders that are part of the growing Venture Out Founder Network
60+ of Seattle’s best mentors, entrepreneurs and startup founders
Learn more about VO mentors here.
Incluzion acts as your personal reference for your application, so let us know when you apply!
- Begin your application by clicking the Apply button below, and be sure to reference Incluzion as a source while applying.
- If you have not done so, add your resume to the Incluzion talent database to ensure you're connected with similar opportunities
- Spread the word about Incluzion!