Do you have what it takes to become a security researcher at WebARX?
WebARX is a web security company with a focus on open-source web application components, such as plugins, dependencies and libraries.
Our products: 1) SaaS-based website security platform www.webarxsecurity.com.
2) Bug hunting platform www.plugbounty.com for open-source dependencies.
Our mission is to secure the web by making security available and easy to use for all web professionals.
The main responsibility of the security researcher is to research, validate, and analyze new vulnerabilities. The security researcher also creates and makes use of internal tools to track, analyze, and monitor the latest attack campaigns and threats.
Some of the day to day tasks of a security researcher:
- Analyzing and conducting written reports about vulnerabilities within open-source dependencies.
- Verifying new vulnerabilities.
- Doing code reviews and security audits for open-source dependencies.
- Writing and testing virtual patches and firewall rules for known vulnerabilities.
- Writing in-depth articles about new threats and vulnerabilities.
Requirements for the security researcher:
- Deep personal motivation to make the web a safer place for everyone.
- Deep knowledge about AppSec.
- Previous experience with security testing.
- Fluent English in both speaking and writing.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Knowledge about WordPress.
- Knowledge about other PHP based content management systems.
- Good understanding of regex.
Would be helpful
- Previous experience working in a web hosting or web security company.
- Previous experience with analyzing malware from infected websites.
- Previous vulnerability research and findings.
- Previous experience working in a remote team.
- Industry certifications.
What we can offer
- Work in a quickly growing tech company.
- Highly impactful work.
- No corporate environment.
- Paid training for work-related personal development.
- Paid vacations (35 days a year).
- Full-time telecommuting in a globally distributed team.
- Co-working space membership or ergonomic desk equipment for home.
- Fitness club or a local gym membership.
- Competitive salary with stock options plan.
Your passion to secure the web is off the charts?