Who We Are
Sapper is a B2B sales engagement company based in St. Louis. What we do is simple: we get our clients sales meetings that result in closed deals.
What is it like to work at Sapper? Well, weve grown from 5 to 120+ employees in about 5 years while becoming one of the fastest growing companies in the country (Inc. 500 list) three years in a row. Thrilling is probably a good word for it.
When it comes to developing yourself, supporting your team, and expanding the vision, were unrelenting. We move fast and break things. Change comes from everywhere within our organization because the from-the-top-down structure has never been our thing.
We have fun while going above and beyond to push ourselves and our clients, giving and taking constant feedback, and appreciating the opportunity to grow and develop rapidly. Remote workdays, ping-pong, company snacks, outings, and food trucks also make up a huge part of our culture. Were a close team from all different backgrounds who enjoy a good challenge, a flexible work environment, and seeing the direct impact of what we can do.
Looking to build a career working in branding, social media & public relations at a fast-growing, remote-friendly company?
Sapper Consulting is actively searching for a talented Brand & Online Reputation Manager to join our growing marketing team and help us build, maintain, and promote our brand in a way that expresses empathy, upbeat positivity, and upholds our core values:
- Caring Deeply
- Embrace Change
- Appreciate Always
- Criticize Directly
- Celebrate Diversity
- Have the Clients Back
The ideal candidate for this position is an energetic professional who is all about doing whatever it takes to help the team succeed, able to multitask effectively, understands the ins-and-outs of managing social media channels & review websites, and has at least some background in visual design or merchandising.
Sappers Brand & Reputation Manager will act as the voice of the company, the advocate for our online audience members, as well as the creative maestro for our brand. Are you ready to step up and help take the Sapper to the next level?
Essential Job Functions
- Manage the Sapper Consulting social media channels & agency helpers
- Build a strong, engaged social media following
- Manage, maintain, and build a strong portfolio of online reviews & client testimonials
- Actively monitor and address any negative or neutral feedback or comments about Sapper online.
- Build relationships with journalists and influencers to garner interviews, bylines, mentions & speaking engagements
- Craft and maintain our Sapper Brand Guide
- Manage our graphic design team & corporate website
- Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter, results-oriented
- Proficiency with a wide variety of technologies including Microsoft Excel, web-based platforms, Hubspot and Google Apps
- Comfortable learning and working with new technology and software
- Must be able to hold self responsible for organization, timeliness, and focus on detail
- Able to communicate in an open, friendly, timely, and eloquent manner
- Work cooperatively with others
- Interested in working with a quickly evolving and growing company
- Comfort with a casual but fast-paced work environment
- Comply with all company policies, procedures, and instructions for management
PREFERRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or related field.
- 5+ years' experience in brand, reputation, and/or social media management.
- Background in B2B marketing
- Oodles of Personal and/or Professional References
- 1-5 years of relative experience in a similar or related role.
We will be contacting qualified candidates for online interviews. Please be prepared to submit a portfolio of representative or related work. Candidates who advance in the process will be asked to participate in remote video/Zoom interviews with multiple members of the marketing team to get a feel for the working environment. You may also be asked to participate in a personality assessment as part of the interview process.
Physical, Mental, and Environmental Demands
- Must be capable of working in a remote-based, collaborative environment to achieve business and departmental objectives.
- Must be comfortable in a position which requires working exclusively on a computer for the majority of the day
- Must be capable of maintaining mental focus, attentiveness to fine detail, and workflow process for long periods of time