We're looking to add a Director of Engineering to lead our growing team of engineers at Mediavine. If you like thinking about scalable and healthy ways to grow teams, creating guiding principles that will shape and direct engineering teams, and enjoy the responsibility that comes with having a big impact, we encourage you to apply!About Mediavine
Mediavine is a fast-growing advertising management company representing over 7500 websites in the food, lifestyle, DIY, and entertainment space. Founded by content creators, for content creators, Mediavine is a Top 20 Comscore property, exclusively reaching over 125 million monthly unique visitors. With best-in-class technology and a commitment to traffic quality and brand safety, we ensure optimal performance for our creators.Mission & Culture
We help content creators build sustainable businesses. From educational tools and cutting-edge plugins to ad technology that maximizes earnings without slowing down your site, our motivation is ensuring your brand and business grow in every respect.
We are striving to build an inclusive and diverse team of highly talented individuals that reflects the industries we serve and the world we live in. We are committed to creating a culture where everyone feels welcomed. We are looking for individuals that will challenge us to continuously evolve and make Mediavine the employer of choice for people of all backgrounds. We strongly encourage minorities and individuals from underrepresented groups in technology to apply for this position.
Diversity and inclusion aren't platitudes to us; we take them seriously. Have a look at our team and read through our blog posts to learn more about our values and to discover if Mediavine is the place for you!Position Title & Overview:
As a Director of Engineering at Mediavine you will be leading our Engineering Department (nearly 30 engineers and growing), developing guiding principles that lay a strong foundation for continued growth and a healthy developer culture.Essential Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with top-level management to create long-range goals specific to the needs of the company.
- Manage the relationship between Engineering and the other departments within Mediavine to create collaborative working relations between engineers, product, brand and support teams.
- Work to build and maintain a healthy, inclusive, and diverse department of engineers who are able to successfully execute our Product team's vision.
- Track Engineering and Infrastructure operating costs and establish budgets.
- Conduct timely and constructive performance reviews of Engineering Managers.
- Act as a mentor and guide to the Engineering Managers, providing opportunities for leadership education when necessary.
- Work with Engineering Managers to anticipate hiring needs.
- Must currently live in the United States.
- 10+ years of software engineering experience with a concentration in frontend and/or backend development.
- A proven and successful record leading an engineering development team and running software development projects.
- Experience managing cross-functional software developers and engineering managers.
- Inspiring leadership qualities.
- Impeccable communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience working with stakeholders.
- The emotional intelligence required to lead with candor and empathy.
- Remote work environment.
- Travel opportunities (remember those?!)
- Comprehensive benefits including 401k, Health, Dental, and Vision insurance.
- Learning allowance.
- Generous Vacation/Time off policies.
- Additional side benefits such as home-office upgrades, tuition reimbursement, paid gym memberships and wellness retreats, upgraded flights, cool swag and more.
- Company match charitable donations.
- Salary: $165,000-185,000.