We're looking to add a creative and enthusiastic product manager with a passion for web site performance and WordPress. If you're excited about building bleeding edge technology in an ever-changing (and never boring) industry, and looking for an inclusive environment where everyone feels welcomed, we encourage you to apply!About Mediavine
Mediavine is a fast-growing advertising management company representing over 7,500 websites in the food, lifestyle, DIY, and entertainment space. Founded by content creators, for content creators, Mediavine is a Top 20 Comscore property, exclusively reaching over 125 million monthly unique visitors. With best-in-class technology and a commitment to traffic quality and brand safety, we ensure optimal performance for our creators.Mission & Culture
We help content creators build sustainable businesses. From educational tools and innovative plugins to advertising technology that maximizes earnings without slowing down websites, our motivation is ensuring that brands and businesses grow in every respect.
We strive to build an inclusive and diverse team of highly talented individuals that reflects the industries we serve and the world we live in. We are committed to a culture in which everyone feels welcomed. We seek individuals who will challenge us to continuously evolve and make Mediavine the employer of choice for people of all backgrounds. We strongly encourage individuals from underrepresented groups in technology to apply for this position.
Diversity and inclusion aren't just platitudes to us; we take this seriously in everything we do. Have a look at our team and read through our blog posts to learn more about our company's values and the Mediavine culture. See if this is the place for you!Position Title & Overview
We are seeking a Product Manger responsible for Trellis, Mediavines WordPress theme framework that prioritizes page speed performance, and its associated products.
The right candidate will help leadership define the goals and future of a product and its growing number of associated services and utilities - all of which are designed to help create highly-optimized sights for page speed, user engagement and publisher happiness.What Would You Say You Do Here
- Assisting in triage of Support issues as they arise.
- Developing a deep understanding of user experiences for publishers, support team members and data team members to identify, create or enhance products with the goal of improving productivity and/or increasing user satisfaction.
- Answering questions as needed from Support, Engineering, Stakeholders, etc., and serving as the Trellis product liaison with leadership.
- Creation and collaboration with Design Team on flow charts, wireframes, and full resolution design efforts.
- Product Stakeholders: Maintain communication with various product rooms; evaluating who should be included as stakeholders during product development to ensure that Mediavine is achieving value for stakeholders.
- Support: Collaborate with Support regarding the products' functional expectations, release schedules; Gather user concerns and feedback.
- Customers: Provide and maintain communication mediums with the goal of gathering, then distilling user feedback to enhance existing or new products.
- Engineering: Coordinate with Engineering teams to provide clear, focused objectives and specifications for execution by engineering staff.
- QA: Coordinate with QA to provide clear product functionality expectations to create test cases. Assimilate QA feedback into the development process.
- Define and develop Trellis product road maps in primary areas of concern.
- Define clear Product Epics and achievable chunks for engineering teams.
- Conduct regular evaluations of product, market and customer needs to reprioritize / streamline ongoing work.
Research and Analysis:
- Make continued efforts to better understand user needs.
- Conduct regular and ongoing interviews with users to identify potential opportunities for improvement.
- Distill user feedback into tangible steps for product development.
Definition of Expectations:
- Provide documentation of objectives for issues and epics.
- Create and maintain clear documentation ahead of and during meetings.
- Provide regular status updates to stakeholders.
- Interview users to identify areas of opportunity.
- Help craft sprint work plans based on available engineers to assist in productivity.
- Be available to answer questions from work teams as needed.
- Must currently live in the United States.
- 2+ of relevant work in Product Management or related field(s)
- Experience with effective communication in a remote environment
- Knowledge of web technology: browser capabilities and limitations, server and client operations and more.
- Exposure to Ad Technologies like OpenRTB, Prebid, GAM, SSP and DSP integration
- Interested in creating well optimized ad experiences for publishers and users
- Experience with WordPress publishing
- Experience with Page Speed Insights and Web site performance
- Customer Service background
- Remote work environment
- Travel opportunities (remember those?! they'll be back ... someday, hopefully, probably)
- Comprehensive benefits including 401k, Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Learning allowance
- Access to experienced engineers with direct mentorship opportunities
- Generous vacation/paid time off policies
- Additional perks such as home-office upgrades, tuition reimbursement, paid gym memberships and wellness retreats, upgraded flights, cool swag and more
- Company-matched charitable donations
- Salary: $75,000